Having an online presence is nowadays mandatory for most businesses, in order to reach a wider audience. Dentists, for example, can rely on this to increase their patients base, using a combination of local search engine optimization strategies.
To be more specific, dental SEO consists in making use of digital tools like customer reviews and localized web content, in order to get the business’ website on the first position in search engine rankings.
One of the most important elements of an efficient dental SEO strategy is having a Google My Business profile, as it gives owners the chance to appear in local search results, but also for getting a competitive edge in the local market.
Unfortunately, a lot of dental cabinets aren’t aware of the importance of using Google My Business or, even more, the entire dentist SEO concept. Let’s take a few moments and talk about the benefits of using local SEO, in order to see how it can help a business’ website.
Mobile over desktop
Mobile searches are currently dominating desktop searches, as people are using their smartphones to conduct searches for services near them, while on the go. And local search results are obviously prioritized!
When it comes to dentistry, potential patients use search engines in order to find the best dentists nearby. And this is where a Google My Business profile comes in.
Check out some random local search results and you will see that Google My Business listings are shown in a pack of three at the top of the page. If there are more similar businesses in your area, of course.
If you manage to get your dental practice’s website in this pack of three, you will immediately observe an increase in the number of patients. But this can be done only if you have a My Business profile.
How to optimize a Google My Business profile for dental SEO
After claiming your profile and established an address and a phone number, you need to make sure that you follow the next steps, in order to appear in the local 3-pack:
1. Enter only accurate data in your profile. To be more specific, business name, the hours between which you’re available, phone number, website, and any other information you consider relevant for the practice
2. Verify the dental business. Google needs up to one week to send you a verification code, so you can claim your listing
3. Select the correct primary and secondary categories. These are required so the search engine can easily observe what the business is about
4. Add some relevant photos. A picture with the inside of the practice and the logo can work very well.
5. Manage and respond to reviews. They are one of the top local ranking factors, so make sure you respond to them, whether they are positive or negative.
6. Share some content. Use the post option to publish a few updates, which will appear directly in the search engine results.
At first, this may seem as difficult, but if you’re not a tech savvy person, you can use an agency specialized in SEO for dental practices, able to do all the work for you, in a professional manner. Affordable Dental SEO have been providing effective dental web marketing and SEO services in the entire state of Florida, making them one of the best options available.
Picture Credit: pololofreack30